- Solar Solutions
- Our Company
For more than 44 years, Sun Light & Power has delivered exceptional customer experience by designing and building high quality solar thermal and solar power systems across California. Sun Light & Power’s team of employee-owners serve a wide range of commercial, non-profit, municipal and residential clients. Sun Light & Power is one of the first companies in the state to become incorporated as a Benefit Corporation (known as a B Corp) and is a certified Alameda County Green Business. Sun Light & Power became 100% employee owned (ESOP) in 2018.
The goal of Sun Light & Power is to provide exceptional customer experience.
Sun Light & Power is committed to making a positive difference by providing solar solutions with quality products, tenured expertise and flawless execution. We practice sustainable business methods to grow our company, support our team members and the community we serve.
In 1976, when engineer and solar pioneer Gary Gerber founded Sun Light & Power, the solar energy industry was in its infancy. Since then he has helped assemble one of the solar industry’s most talented teams. We bring to each project unparalleled expertise, innovative solutions, energy-efficient solar technologies and outstanding customer service, making us one of the best solar power companies in the country.
Our guiding principles
- Safety is our first priority.
- We strive to build a collaborative working environment.
- We always act with integrity and we are known for always doing the right thing.
- We deliver unmatched quality.
- We practice sustainability: we live and work green.
Sun Light & Power solar energy company is a Certified Green Business.
- We have clearly labeled compost, recycling, and waste bins in every office.
- We have a recycling zone in our warehouse for aluminum, copper, and wire.
- We donate/recycle broken inverters/modules.
- We have a mixed-recycling dumpster for general construction & office recycling.
- We use certified green cleaning products which we buy from a certified B-Corp.
- We strive to use certified green/recycled materials for office improvements (paint, carpeting, etc).
- We strive to use energy efficient heating/ac.
- We strive to reuse office furniture and buy supplies from vendors who sell used equipment.
Learn more about us.
Would you like to pursue a career at Sun Light & Power? Check our our Careers page.
Have questions about a solar installation or Sun Light & Power? Fill out the form today!
Our Customers are true solar Pioneers!
A few words from our founder and President, Gary Gerber.