- Solar Solutions
- Our Company
Sun Light & Power has delivered exceptional customer experience to Bay Area customers for 45 years. From the early days of solar thermal, through the rise of PV and into the age of lithium battery storage, we have continued to design and build high quality solar systems. Sun Light & Power’s team of employee-owners serve a wide range of commercial, non-profit, municipal and residential clients. Sun Light & Power was one of the first companies in the state to become incorporated as a Benefit Corporation (known as a B Corp) and is also a certified Alameda County Green Business. We became a 100% employee owned (ESOP) in 2018. The 2022 ESOP Board of Directors are Gary Gerber, Barbara Gerber, Sudhir Aggarwal, Martin Morehouse, Elvira Didic, Raye Martin and Seamas Brennan.
The goal of Sun Light & Power is to provide exceptional customer experience. We are committed to making a positive difference by providing solar solutions with quality products, tenured expertise and flawless execution. We practice sustainable business methods to grow our company, support our team members and the community we serve.
In 1976, when engineer and solar pioneer Gary Gerber founded Sun Light & Power, the solar energy industry was in its infancy. Since then he has helped assemble one of the solar industry’s most talented teams. We bring to each project unparalleled expertise, innovative solutions, energy-efficient solar technologies, and outstanding customer service, making us one of the best solar power companies in the country.
Our guiding principles
- Safety is our first priority.
- We strive to build a collaborative working environment.
- We always act with integrity and do the right thing.
- We deliver unmatched quality.
- We practice sustainability by living and working green.
We are a Certified B Corp and Green Business.
- We have clearly labeled compost, recycling, and waste bins in every office.
- We recycle metals (aluminum, copper and steel) and e-waste.
- We donate or recycle broken inverters and modules.
- We have a mixed-recycling dumpster for construction and office use.
- We use certified green cleaning products from B Corps.
- We strive to use certified green/recycled materials for office improvements.
- We use energy efficient heat pumps.
- We reuse office furniture and purchase used equipment whenever possible.
Exceptional Solar for 45 Years!
Our team members are proud to be part of an organization that is still putting customers first and pioneering new solutions after 45 years! If this sounds like the kind of team you would like to join click on the buttons below. We would love to hear from you.
Learn more about us!
Would you like to pursue a career at Sun Light & Power?
Our Customers are true solar Pioneers!
A few words from our founder and President, Gary Gerber.